- ½ c apple cider vinegar
- ½ c honey
- 1 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- ½ c apple juice
- ½ c chicken broth
- 2 apples, peeled small dice juice of one lemon
- Combine vinegar, honey, peppercorns, and ginger, bring to a boil and reduce to thick syrup.
- Peel and small dice apples, squeeze lemon juice over apples to prevent oxidation.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce until syrupy consistency.
- Use this sauce as a glace for fowl, poultry, fish, or other red meats.
- May be used as salad dressing or mixed with mayonnaise or sour cream.
- May be used as binding agent for bound salads.
Yield approx. 1 pt