We prepared this on our first waterfowl/Sandhill Crane From Field To Table event January of 2021. Our clients along with the OS FFTT staff just hung out in the kitchen and threw this one together, it ended up being one of the favorite dishes of the entire event.
In fact it was so good, Eddie, Deborah and I made it as soon as we got back home and made a recipe video from it.
If you’re looking for something quick (after it marinates over night) versatile (You can use practically any protein) and very tasty, you need to give this one a try.
- 2 lbs Crane Breast
- ¼ c Olive Oil
- ¼ c Hot Pepper Oil (chili oil)
- 2 ea Jalapeno Pepper Minced
- ¼ c Garlic Minced
- ½ c Green Onion chopped
- ½ c Lemon Juice
- ½ c Orange Juice
- ½ c Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 T Chipotle Spice Blend
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1 T Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 c Fresh Cilantro
- Clean breast free of all fascia, reserve.
- Combine add dry ingredients/spices.
- Combine all ingredients into marinade.
- Submerge breast in marinade overnight.
- Wipe off breast, grill on high heat.
- Serve in wrap of small tortilla with avocado, and favorite sauce