Every time I’m in camp with Chef Cliff, I request this recipe, so easy and very good. Deb and I have made it several times and just recently did a video making this recipe. If it’s not already below in the recipe it will be soon. From start to finish, this one only takes about 40 minutes.
- 2 lbs. boneless loin (cut into ¼ inch slabs)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped fine)
- 2 inches fresh ginger (chopped fine)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- In a bowl mix together honey, sriracha, and rice vinegar.
- Sprinkle elk with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Pour oil into a heavy pan and heat. Add elk into the pan working in small batches not to overcrowd the pan. Brown on sides, keeping rare and transfer to a plate. Rest elk 10 min then cut into strips.
- Return pan to heat and add the garlic and ginger cook about ½ min.
- Raise heat and pour in sauce mixture. Reduce sauce to a thick sticky constancy.
- Add elk and toss to glaze each piece.
- Serve immediately over rice, with steamed broccoli.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.