Who doesn’t love to cook something over an open fire? This recipe is easy, fun, tasty, and for many adults, it will bring back many child hood memories around the campfire. Make new memories for the youngsters of the group, if there are no campfires allowed, use your propane grill as I have had to do this year.
Good Cooking, Chef Wutsch
- 1 lb Boar
- 1 lb Venison
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 T Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 c Green Onion Chopped
- ½ c Parsley Chopped
- ½ c Cilantro Chopped
- ¼ c Mint Chopped
- Grind meat, reserve.
- Blend dry spices, reserve.
- Blend onion and fresh herbs, reserve.
- In meat mixer or bowl, mix meat with spices and herbs making bind.
- With hands, roll into approximately 4 oz meat balls, roll into cylinders, and skewer.
- Grill until well done.
- Serve with roasted tomato salad, cous cous, and garnish with chopped cilantro, parsley, and mint.
Use all boar, venison, or the traditional lamb.
Sweet basil can be substituted for Mint or added as well.
Curry Spice, Smoked Paprika, and Turmeric add a different flavor.
Add garlic or ginger.
Use bacon for the boar.
Cook high direct heat, over charcoal or gas grill or open fire.
If you like, once cooked, slide off the skewer right into a flatbread or roll.
Glaze with honey and hot sauce.
If using bamboo skewers, make sure you soak them in water overnight before skewering, this will prevent them from burning up while cooking.
Always eat off the side of the skewer, do not place sharp end of skewer into mouth (safety)