- Flour AP 3 C
- Kosher Salt 1 ½ tsp
- Eggs 3
- Egg Yolks 2 Olive Oil 3 T
- Well-method. Combine dry ingredients, place in bowl with well in center.
- Combine eggs and oil, add to well, blend dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes, wrap well and rest in refrigerator for 2 hours. (will turn black if you store overnight)
- Using pasta machine roll out flat sheets, using cutters cut round or using ravioli boards/press layer dough, egg wash edges, add filling, press edges, store on wax paper dust with cornmeal.
- Reserve to cook.
- Cook in 1 Gallon of rolling boiling water.
Yield 1 ½ lbs ` Make this recipe twice. Will need twice as much.
Enough for raviolis 45 half moon (shaped/fifth from outside round cutters) 30 from first rolled, 45 reusing the scraps. Roll starting on number one and ending on number six on pasta machine.
Use egg whites mixed with ¼ c half & half to wash outer surface of dough to make stick together.
- Ricotta Cheese 1 pt
- Mozzarella Cheese, grated 1- 8 oz bag
- Parmesan Cheese, grated ½ c
- Egg 3
- Basil, fresh, chopped ¼ c
- Pepper tt
- Chop basil, combine cheeses, add egg, mix well add basil, and pepper.
- Place in refrigerator and reserve.
- Mix 1 lb cheese filling with 1 lb squash puree, mix 1 lb cheese filling with 1 lb ground cooked boar sausage for ravioli fillings.
- Should yield total 125 filled raviolis. Boil salted water, cook 1 lb raviolis per gallon of water, 7-10 minutes shock and reserve.
Yield 2 lbs