(Great For Bear As well)
This is a recipe from Chef Wutsch that was actually for bear but thought it sounded really interesting. I didn’t have any bear in the freezer but had just returned from Texas, where we had just held one of our From Field To Table events with Chef.
This one turned out amazing and if you want to try something that is not just another barbeque pork recipe, this is the one for you! This one went really well with a pineapple rice and the smoky flavor from the RecTec grill added a nice touch.
- 2lb lean tender cut pork (loin, flat iron or top round)
- Black Pepper 1 1/2 tsp
- Kosher Salt 1 T
- Kahlua 1 C
- Instant coffee 1 tsp (regular coffee works also)
- Make sure all silver skin and facia is removed from meat
- Mix spices and add to Kahlua
- Add meat to mixture and marinade for 4-12 hours
- Sear all sides of meat, browning well. (We added a cast iron pan to our grill and seared outside)
- Place meat on grill at 400F until internal temperature reaches approximately 150F. Final cooked temp recommendation is 160F to avoid any trichinella.
- Baste meat with marinade through out the cooking process, turn meat over halfway through cooking (approximately 20 minutes)