The pictures below represent what our From Field To Table events are all about. Deb from IA and Rafael from TX teamed up to prepare our main entrée for the evening. Both hunted, field dressed, prepared and cooked during their stay with us in Texas. They did an amazing job.
- 4 lb Rack of Boar, Frenched Bones
- ½ Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 1 lb Sliced Onions
- 1/2 g water
- 3 oz Kikkoman soy sauce (light)
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 T sage
- 1 T celery seed
- 1 ½ tsp thyme
- Rub rack with oil, & season.
- In hot pan with about ¼ c oil, sear/caramelize/brown meat on all sides, spoon hot oil onto inside rack onto bones.
- Place Rack on top of onions, (so you don’t burn one side) place in hot 375-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove, check internal temperature, 150 degrees.
- Remove, let rest for 10 minutes while deglazing pan and finishing the sauce.
- Serve as individual chops with assorted vegetables.
- Heat 1 qt of the gallon of water, dissolve the sugar, salt and add spices to steep.
- Remove from heat, add to the remaining cold water and soy sauce.
- Inject meat with approximately 10-15 % of its weight.
- For a 4 lbs rack, should be approximately 10 oz of brine.
- Submerge the rack in the remaining brine, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove from brine, rinse, pat dry and follow the regular recipe.