- Garlic bulb, fresh 4 ea
- Olive oil ½ c
- Cut top off garlic bulb, pour oil over garlic, place in aluminum foil pan, cover and bake for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let garlic cool in oil covered in pan. Once cool to the touch, squeeze cloves out of bulb into garlic flavored oil.
- Use this garlic and oil as ingredients in other recipes such as stuffing, salads, dressings, sauces etc.
- For ease in preparation, best to prepare in larger quantities.
- If using store bought pre peeled fresh garlic cloves, place cloves in small sauce pan, cover with olive oil, and slow cook covered for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Slowly cook until garlic is soft and mash able.
- Let cool in oil in pan covered.
- Store well sealed in refrigerator in oil.
Yield approx.: 3/4 c