This is one of the first recipes our clients prepared at our first From Field To Table event. It was amazing, what was even more amazing was how surprised our guest were that they could prepare a dish like this from wild boar. The pictures below are from the actual event.
- 1 lb Tender cut Wild Boar (Tenderloin, part of top round) Pounded Thin/or cubed
- 2 T Chili Spice Blend
- 2 T Brandy
- 2 T Sherry wine
- 1 T Chopped Ginger
- ¼ c Chopped Green Onions
- ½ c Diced Red Peppers
- ½ c Diced Yellow Peppers
- 1 c Blanched Broccoli Florets
- 1 T Soy Sauce
- ¼ c Hoisin Sauce
- ¼ c Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- ¼ c Orange Ginger Sauce
- 1 T chopped Cilantro (optional)
- Dredge meat in chili spice blend.
- Sauté meat, remove and reserve (spread out evenly on baking sheet to prevent sweating).
- Deglaze pan with brandy and sherry.
- Add ginger, onions, peppers, & broccoli, salute.
- Add liquid ingredients, adjust flavor, consistency.
- Add meat back to sauce, add cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Always add alcohol into cup then from cup into hot pan/to prevent bottle from blowing up. More sauces can be added for more of a sauce rather than a glaze. Any spice blend you prefer may be used such as Chinese five spice, Cajun spice rub.