Our clients from our January 2021 From Field To Table event prepared this dish as our main course. It was seriously one of the best meals I have ever had. Crane has the texture of steak and needs to be cooked rare to medium rare at the very most.
Not only is it amazingly delicious but also very easy to prepare. We paired with zucchini noodles and candied beets.
We will be posting more Sandhill Crane and waterfowl recipes from this event soon.
- 2 lbs Crane Breast
- 1 c Brown Sugar
- ½ c Morton Tender Quick
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pnch Ground Clove
- Combine all dry ingredients, reserve.
- Clean crane breast of all fascia.
- Rub breast with cure.
- Let rest overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove rub, moisture, wash thoroughly dry well.
- Smoke until internal temp of 140 degrees.
You can also pan sear and finish in oven[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Smoked Crane Breast – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]