Ever tried a “Crostini”? These are an Italian appetizer consisting of thinly sliced pieces of toast; so, “little toasts”! We’ve combined this Italian delight with our love of Venison. You don’t want to miss out on this mouth-watering delicatessen.
- Venison loin 6 to 8 inches long
- ½ cup of olive oil, 2 oz. butter
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- Take the meat out of the fridge and let come to room temp. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush loins with olive oil and season with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and garlic power to taste.
- In an oven proof skillet heat butter and 1 oz. olive oil over medium high heat.
- Place loins in the pan. It should sizzle on contact. Sear meat until golden brown on all sides [about 2 -3 mins per side.]
- Remove from stove top and place in pre heated oven for 10 to 12 min for medium rare.
- Allow loin to rest and cool. Slice thinly.
- Slice baguette 1/2 inch thick, bush with olive oil and grill on both sides till golden brown.
- Assemble crostini as directed and top with red onion marmalade, and parsley garnish.
Red Onion Marmalade
- 1 red onion
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- From stem to root end thinly slice all red onions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions and sugar into hot oil and cook about 15 mins. till onions start to caramelize.
- Stir red wine and balsamic vinegar into onion mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium low and simmer until liquid is evaporated 15 to 20 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.