This recipe not only taste amazing but is a lot of fun to make. This is another recipe that clients recently prepared during our From Field To Table event this past May (2023) and it was a crowd favorite. Very bold, rich and flavorful. You will really enjoy making this one.
- 6 lbs Venison/Wild Boar Loin or Top Round
- Slice ¼” thick/butterfly (pound with meat mallet)
- 1 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 bnch fresh sage/or basil
- 1 lb thinly sliced fontina cheese
- 1 qt Sliced mushrooms
- 1 pint Marsala Wine
- 1 qt Demi Glace/Brown Gravy
Slice/pound cutlets, place prosciutto, sage, and cheese inside. Fold. Season. Sauté, remove from pan, prepare sauce, by adding mushrooms, deglaze with wine, reduce add demi glace. Season to taste, adjust thickness, add meat back to sauce. Serve immediately.