Our wild boar sausage recipe is very versatile and can be used as a stuffing for other dishes like pasta or even tender cut of meat, it can also be made into links as a stand alone for an appetizer, main dish or used in a dish like a jambalaya.
- Boar, cut into strips 1 ½ lbs
- Bacon, cut into strips ½ lb
- Salt 2 tsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Dry Hot Red Pepper Flakes 2 tsp
- Ground Coriander 1 tsp
- Caraway ½ tsp
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper 1 tsp
- Fennel Seed 1 tsp
- Red Wine (optional) ¼ c
- Combine all spices, reserve.
- Grind meat and bacon.
- Add spices to meat, add wine, blend well, Grind through grinder again.
- Always keeping meat and equipment ice cold.
- Cook and flavor test sample small patty.
- Roll 1 lb in saran wrap for patties for entrée, place in freezer.
- Cook 1 lb ground bulk for ravioli filling.
Yield: 2 lbs
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Wild Boar Italian Sausage – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]