- 2Qts Water
- 1C Morton Tender Quick
- 2T Sugar
- 1Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1Tsp Onion Powder
- Bring water to boil.
- Add Tender Quick and dissolve.
- Combine spices, add to salted hot water, dissolve, let steep until liquid it totally cool/room temperature.
- The brine must be strained if planning to inject.
- Inject meat with injection needle, (approximately 10% of green weight) place the meat into remaining brine.
- Cure for 24-48 hours.
- If making corned venison, add more pickling spice after the meat has been injected.
Yield ½ G
Morton Tender Quick Brine